Thursday, June 7, 2012
Posted by Chris Kelly on 6:51 AM
According to Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Eric Bischoff is being credited with the Abyss-Joseph Park angle and the storyline between AJ Styles and Dixie Carter, even though he may not have came up with them in the first place. Bischoff okayed both of them to be pushed prominently. Both angles are considered to be major successes, especially the Dixie-AJ angle because it's the first TNA angle that shows the ability to move ratings, even if it's just quarter-hour ratings
Posted by Chris Kelly on 6:50 AM
According to Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE will be treating the July 23rd 1,000th RAW as a major pay-per-view with all hands on deck. They have reached out to the usual Legends like Jim Duggan, Gene Okerlund, Sgt. Slaughter, Roddy Piper, Jimmy Hart and Dusty Rhodes but are looking to use other stars we don't always see on nostalgia shows. Bobby Heenan's name was brought up but his bad health would likely play a factor. The idea going around is to have both an old school and a new school production vibe to the show. They want to lock The Undertaker's return in and start advertising his appearance in hopes that it will help ratings. The plan is to promote the show hard with a three week TV build, including announcing a pay-per-view quality line-up. They are also looking to introduce new talents on the three-hour show. WWE creative is currently being pushed to come up with a "knock your socks off" type of angle for the summer. The idea is to jolt the interest of fans, similar to the Nexus angle in 2010 and the CM Punk angle in 2011. This stems from the low ratings and somewhat stagnant product.
Posted by Chris Kelly on 6:49 AM
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter People in WWE are being tight-lipped about the Randy Orton suspension. One source who did comment believes that Orton tested positive due to a tainted supplement. As noted before, the SuperLucha reports that Orton tested positive for Dianabol are not confirmed. SuperLuchas and PWInsider also reported a meeting between Orton and WWE officials to discuss his future last weekend. SuperLuchas named Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn and Triple H as the officials who met with Orton. One source says that Dunn would not have been part of the meeting as it's not his department. Vince McMahon is said to be going back and forth on Orton's future but the feeling is that in the end, they can't and won't get rid of Orton due mainly to depth issues. There is said to be a small, vocal pocket of people that is growing more outspoken about cutting Orton. Orton's 60 day suspension will reportedly end July 29th, meaning he will miss the 1000th RAW in his hometown of St. Louis on July 23rd but would be eligible to return on the July 30th RAW, in time for the SummerSlam pay-per-view. The talk is that WWE may keep Orton out after his suspension is over, to teach him a lesson and have him miss the annual SummerSlam payday. Orton being gone for 60 days will cost him around $200,000. If he's not booked for SummerSlam and kept off TV for a few weeks longer after the suspension, then he will lose somewhere around $275,000. When asked what he was suspended for, Randy Orton tweeted the following: When I'm able to tell you, I will. Until then, don't believe everything you read!
Posted by Chris Kelly on 6:46 AM
Posted by Chris Kelly on 6:44 AM
Credit:PWInsider Sting talked about how he was very close to signing with WWE before last year's WrestleMania event. He was surprised the two sides didn't reach an agreement so he could face The Undertaker. Sting said Taker was the one guy he would like to work with that he hasn't besides some of the younger talents in TNA. * He has had discussions with a publisher about writing an autobiography. * He named Austin Aries, Magnus, James Storm and Bobby Roode as the future stars. * He's interested in working behind the scenes and possibly in a creative role once his in-ring career is finished. * For now, Sting said he is planning on retiring with TNA. He said he thinks every year will be his last but it's hard to walk away from TNA when they're "not quite there." His interest and motivation have gone up in the last year. * Sting says he shouldn't be the first inductee into TNA's Hall of Fame and said guys like AJ Styles or Jeff Jarrett were more deserving.
Posted by Chris Kelly on 6:42 AM
Karen Jarrett tweeted the following: Hey Todd (Carter), no one can stand ur sister @TNADixie she continues to run the company in the ground!!! What r u gonna do???" "@TNADixie have some guts and call me out........" "Everyone has dirty laundry I'm thinking it's about home for @TNADixie to be exposed!!! Well for a TNA10 anniversary what can we give @TNADixie??? since she doesn't read emails or respond let's get her attention on twitter!;) No everyone I won't be on @IMPACTWRESTLING... #shoot