TNA has signed a deal with Jersey Shore cast member Ronnie Ortiz-Magro. The deal is for four different Impact Wrestling episodes. His first appearance will be at the October 26th tapings in Macon, Georgia.
Regarding the recent WWE tryouts in Mexico, it's being reported there that Dr. Wagner III, Hiji del LA Park and Bestia 666 were some of the stars who got tryouts. They are the sons of their famous fathers. Apparently they got the tryouts at the behest of Rey Mysterio, who is close to their fathers.
Brazilian wrestler Zumbi is also rumored to have worked a tryout. Word is that of the 7 CMLL guys who got tryouts on Sunday, one has been offered a deal but it's unknown if they accepted or not.
Hugo Savinovich, color commentator for WWE's Spanish language television and pay-per-view broadcasts since 1997, announced Wednesday on YouTube that he is parting ways with the organization.
Savinovich says organization officials informed him a few days ago that his expiring contract would not be renewed. He thanks Vince McMahon for giving him the opportunity to work for WWE fourteen years ago after he fell hard on drugs. He does not know if he will continue to call wrestling matches, but he does know that he will be writing a book dedicated to spreading the word of God.
Spike TV officials have reportedly lost a lot of faith in Dixie Carter after she pushed them on the way they were doing the angle to get The Main Event Mafia back together last year. TNA spent months of building the angle with Dixie telling Spike that she had Kevin Nash and Booker T locked in. Booker and Nash both ended up in WWE, which led to no Main Event Mafia and the Fortune babyface turn on Immortal, ending up with a feud that went nowhere for the most part.
Related to this, Eric Bischoff has more power in TNA these days because Spike TV is working directly through him.
It's said that Vince McMahon has developed a love-hate relationship with the WWE Divas. The mentality is that both RAW and SmackDown have to have one segment with the Divas. Vince is convinced that Divas segment is needed because it draws in a certain demographic.
When the Divas segments and matches are actually going on, it's said that Vince feels they are a waste of time. This is part of the reason he has Michael Cole act the way he does when the Divas are out.
Impact opens with new World Champion James Storm - complete with a new theme song and video. Storm talked about winning the title last week and out comes Fortune. Samoa Joe came out and ran everyone down, and he wants a title shot. Storm tells Joe he hasn't deserved it. Sting came out and announced Bobby Roode vs. Joe tonight with the winner facing Storm at the Impact tapings in Macon, Georgia next week.
* Rob Van Dam beat Danniels by DQ. Daniels ended up hitting RVD with some tools to cause the DQ. Daniels went to use the screwdriver but AJ Styles made the save.
* Karen Jarrett, Traci Brooks, Madison Rayne and Gail Kim come out. Gail talks about leaving WWE. Karen announces Gail vs. Velvet Sky for the Knockouts Title at Turning Point.
* Gail Kim defeated Tara.
* TNA TV Champion Eric Young beat Robbie E. in a non-title match. Rob Terry and Robbie attacked Young after the match. Young took the mic and said for the Macon tapings, he's bringing Ronnie from Jersey Shore.
* Eric Bischoff came out to call his son to the ring. Eric wants an apology before tonight's show is over.
* Ric Flair is backstage with Garrett Bischoff and tells him he should apologize to Eric.
* Jeff Jarrett came out and called out Jeff Hardy. Jarrett shows replays of the sad match from Victory Road again. Hardy came out and they brawled again. Bully Ray made the save which led to Hardy vs. Ray. Hardy won the match with the Swanton.
* After the match, Hardy was being intervierwed by Christy Hemme when Jeff Jarrett attacked from behind. Jarrett brought Hardy back to the ring. He and Ray set it up to powerbomb Hardy through it but Mr. Anderson ran out for the save.
* Bobby Roode defeated Samoa Joe to become the new #1 contender and face Storm at next week's tapings in Georgia. Roode also had a new song and video. After the win, James Storm came out for a staredown with Roode.
* Eric Bischoff came out again to call his son out. Garrett refused. Ric Flair came out to encourage him to apologize. Garrett shoved Flair and Flair attacked him. Eric Bischoff joined in on the attack and they beat his son down. Bischoff and Flair tossed Garrett out of the ring and celebrated to end it.